Thinking of selling your home? There has never been a better time. In fact, when considering the pros and cons of moving on from the family home and rightsizing to a welcoming community designed for maintenance-free active living well…there are literally no cons.
· First of all, the math is simple: Supply is low. Demand is high. It’s a seller’s market and that is reflected in prices driven up by bidding wars. Many homes are going for well over their asking prices.
· Secondly, at the moment, relatively low mortgage rates are motivating buyers to take action. For sellers, the phrase “strike while the iron is hot” has never made more sense.
· And last, but certainly not least, active adults eager for a better lifestyle sit for this stage of life can take advantage of the hot seller’s market without having to worry about a competitive buying situation at the other end. It’s exactly the equation your wallet has been waiting for.
When is the Right Time to Downsize Your Home?
The kids are gone. Your days of supervising homework and driving carpool are in your rearview mirror. The house that once perfectly accommodated the needs of your family is now an impractical albatross with ongoing maintenance bills. Simply put: Your family structure and lifestyle have changed. Your house hasn’t. Square peg. Round hole.
Now that you are ready to embrace the empty-nester life, those familiar bricks and mortar may be all that’s holding you back. Yes, selling the home that echoes with the laughter of your kids’ childhood can be an emotional undertaking. But rightsizing into a streamlined environment designed to enhance your present and future will make you glad you let go of the past. AND, you can now enjoy the grandkids that live nearby while returning to your modern apartment home and new friends.
And yes, wading through decades of clutter is challenging. But once you’ve decided what goes and what stays—and have offered those boxes of elementary school artwork to the original artists—you will soon be celebrating your newfound liberation.
There is a party going on. Your peers are hanging at happy hour, working out together, broadening their horizons with enrichment classes and programs, and best of all, creating new and meaningful relationships. All you need to do to get in on that action is decide which active adult community checks all your boxes. Whether you want to stay in familiar territory, move closer to family, or explore totally new terrain and experience a different climate by the beach or in the mountains, there is an active adult community waiting to welcome you.
· Imagine life without the aggravation of exterior maintenance. No more mowing, snow blowing, raking, or painting.
· Picture a community of like-minded peers with whom to carve out new adventures and make new memories. Opportunities for social interaction are virtually unlimited.
· Age limits mean your daily walks won’t be interrupted by a playground full of screaming kids. But the delighted screams of your grandchildren are always welcome!
· And let’s not forget resort-style amenities that make every day feel like a vacation. Olympic-sized pools, state-of-the-art fitness centers, and chef-worthy demo kitchens are but a few of the features designed to promote your physical, emotional and social wellbeing.
Conceived with the needs of older adults in mind, active adult apartment homes provide the best of comfort and peace of mind when you’re home—and when you’re not. Simply lock your door and enjoy worry-free travel to wherever/whenever, for as long as the spirit moves you.
Look around you. The empty rooms and maintenance bills are sending you a clear message. The time to celebrate active adulthood is now. Once you’ve signed on the dotted line, you’ll wonder why you waited so long!