For the young at heart, physical fitness is the key to continuing a fulfilling lifestyle that includes the activities you love. Regular exercise can not only help manage stress levels and improve your mood, it can also boost your metabolism and immune system, improve cardiovascular function, and increase bone density to prevent potentially traumatic injury from falls. Additionally, supporting the theory of the mind/body connection, studies suggest that physical activities in the older adult population may lower the risk of serious conditions, like dementia.
Overture’s comprehensive assortment of group fitness programs and fitness amenities are just what the active adult trainer ordered. With classes that are upbeat, fun and inclusive for every ability level, our overall fitness concept is focused on maintaining the endurance, strength, balance and flexibility that are so vital to mental acuity, long-term freedom of movement and overall independence.
State-of-the-Art Fitness Facility
- Whether you are pumping iron, logging miles on the treadmill or shaking your booty in a saucy Zumba class, you’ll be exercising in state-of-the-art style in Flex, Overture’s signature fitness center.
Practice Yoga for Physical and Spiritual Balance
- Find your Zen and inner peace at one of our yoga or Tai Chi classes, held in the Namaste yoga studio. No matter how much or how little yoga experience you may have, there is a class for you.
Discover Bocce Ball
- Bocce has been part of life across the Pond for centuries. Join a bocce team and learn what it means to toss or roll the pallina. Oopah!
Get in the Swim
- For water aerobics classes, which can especially be beneficial for those with physical limitations, take the plunge in Plunge, our resort style heated pool. After an invigorating workout, soothe the body and the senses in our Jacuzzi.
Virtual Training is a Reality
- The Overture group fitness approach also includes virtual training with Wii, the interactive gaming console that includes bowling, yoga, balance, strength, and aerobic options.
Whatever your interest or ability, Overture has the group fitness options and amenities to motivate you!
*Not all amenities and activities are available at every Overture Community. Please contact an Overture representative for details.